miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2009

Happiness

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.

In order to be happy you don't need to acquire success, you first have to find happiness so you can be successful, as long as you love what you're doing.

I have quite a good example for this, once again making the analogy with dancing.

The other day I was talking with my brother and I was telling him that lately I had been feeling I sucked at dancing, that I couldn't do it as I wished, and that it was not easy for me, sometimes got frustrated at it also, or felt I probably just quit and so something else I might be good at. But he told me I was not trusting myself, and that it didn't matter If I thought I was not capable of doing it, but how much I wanted it and how much it made me happy to do it. '' I have a confession to make'' he said: '' I suck at videogames, and yet I chose to be a Bachelor of Game Art and Design, I have a rough time doing my job, since I found it so difficult for me, but nevertheless I enjoy it every time, cause it's my passion, and what I love. This is a challenge for me cause every time I get better at it, and I forget how difficult it is for me, cause I lose track of the time when I work at it.''

This made me realize that even if I was not born for dancing and it's not that easy for me, it doesn't mean I can't learn how to improve. As long as I'm doing what I love I'll do it with joy. Also my devotion and persistence will make me better at it. So, there's no reason to quit for something you're not good at, as long as you really want it and love it.

Never let others tell you what you cannot do.

We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams. we are the dancers, we create the dreams.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario